Monday, July 19, 2010
Here is a list of fun activities that toddlers will love to do:
• Fill a bucket of water with soap and a rag and let them wash your car or vehicle tires (my 2.5 year old loves this!)
• Run through the sprinkler
• Fill up water balloons and tie a mismatched sock around the balloon and play catch! That way when it breaks all the pieces stay in the sock!
• Have a picnic outside under a tree or at the beach
• Start an Ant Farm
• Collect bugs in a jar and observe them
• Lay in the grass and look at the clouds finding different shapes – then finger paint the ones you see
• Play any type of sport outside they may not have played before: Frisbee, badminton, hacky-sack
• Make a cabin outside with old sheets, lawn chairs, tables and sip lemonade while snacking on homemade granola bars or oatmeal cookies
• Get an old fish tank from a garage sale and fill it with a new summer theme each week. You can decorate it inside and out!
• Visit a local museum
• Go for a hike or nature walk and pretend you are Explorers – take pictures and books to reference what you find on your walk
• Blow Bubbles and have your toddler chase them
But best of all ... it is your love and attention they desire and nothing else. Happy Summer everyone!